Atom V3 BNF - Look here before you fly
- Perform first power up and hover outdoors
- Remove propellers when performing maintenance or binding. Do not throttle up motors without propellers.
- LiPo batteries are very volatile. Read This Before You Fly
Watch this to get you flying!
- After you have Atom bound, always turn on Tango BEFORE Atom to keep Atom from re-entering bind mode.
- Check receiver Antenna on Atom has 32mm of exposed white antenna. Very important to get ultimate range
- Transmitter manual
- Tango Manual
- To get maximum range, ensure your RX Antenna has 32mm of exposed antenna wire. Also aim you TX antenna 90 degrees to you Atom whilst flying.
Troubleshooting Binding Issues:
- Some easy fixes for binding issues
- Entering the On Screen Display (OSD) menu
- Solving drifting issues via the OSD
- Activating buzzer switch
- Enabling LED colour based on video channel
General Drone Safety Tips
Follow community-based safety guidelines, as developed by organizations such as the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA).
Fly no higher than 400 feet and remain below any surrounding obstacles when possible.
Keep your Atom in eyesight at all times, and use an observer to assist if needed.
Remain well clear of and do not interfere with manned aircraft operations, and you must see and avoid other aircraft and obstacles at all times.
Do not intentionally fly over unprotected persons or moving vehicles, and remain at least 25 feet away from individuals and vulnerable property.
Contact the airport and control tower before flying within five miles of an airport or heliport.
Do not fly in adverse weather conditions such as in high winds or reduced visibility.
Do not fly under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Ensure the operating environment is safe and that the operator is competent and proficient in the operation of the Atom.
Do not fly near or over sensitive infrastructure or property such as power stations, water treatment facilities, correctional facilities, heavily traveled roadways, government facilities, etc.
Check and follow all local laws and ordinances before flying over private property.
General personal safety and equipment tips
ALWAYS remove propellers when performing routine maintenance on Atom
Unplug battery to power down Atom when not flying
Always supervise charging of lithium polymer batteries, and preferably charge the batteries in a safe place in case of any potential problems due to battery damage.